Friday, November 6, 2009

Maybe I Will Launch


In 1995 I built a tractor shed on my land in Lincoln Vermont to house my 1951 Case. I've since sold the old boy and bought a 1950 Ford 9N. Several years ago I added a post-and-beam carport to the tractor shed. The tractor now sits in the carport, and I've turned the shed into a workshop.

I retired last year from 30 years teaching architecture and woodworking at a rural Vermont high school. While I was teaching, I made lots of projects, including four Frank Lloyd Wright design lamps, which were auctioned off to support the Lincoln Library. I'll show you those in a separate blog post. I also made furniture, including a bed and a dining table, which are being used in the Lincoln house. Here are some of my bowls, most of which are available for purchase:




This little mahogany bowl is 5" wide X 4" high, hand turned. I keep it filled with chocolate kisses within reach from my favorite chair, but I'll let it go for $30 plus $10 for UPS ground ship.







I was lucky to find some beautiful spalted maple to accent this mahogany bowl. At 4" high X 9-1/4 across, it holds plenty of salad for four people. This is my wife's favorite bowl, but I could pry it out of her grip for $95, plus $10 for ground ship.







I thought you'd like to see the mahogany salad bowl I made for my wife. It's 6-3/4" high X 11-1/4" across. She'd never part with it, and as you can see, it has been well used. It easily holds enough salad for a large dinner party, and I can make a new one for $90, $15 UPS ship.


I think that's plenty for now. You might check out the treehouse I made with my son Will. I'll tell you all about that later, but you can come stay in it by booking through airbnb.com. Go to Vermont, and you should find Fern Forest Tree House. Ellie and I would love to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment